How to get rid of fleas On Puppies under 12 weeks?
How To Get Rid Of Fleas On Puppies: Since flea medications are planned for dogs and cats older than 12 weeks, removal fleas from a puppy can seem impossible. Moreover, flea bites are an irritation to adult dogs, they can be deadly to puppies, especially if they grow anemia.
But there are some specific and recommended techniques that are effective and harmless for your puppy. These techniques guarantee that your puppy can continue to dance and play without the suffering of flea bites.
Get rid of fleas on puppies is different than the adult dogs. Because puppies are more sensitive. So, you have to apply for medicine with special care. Luckily we have several options to get rid of flea bites on puppies & adult dogs.
At first wash your puppies following any of the methods stated below:
(1) Massage the dog-formulated shampoo in a complete circle around your puppy’s neck. You can also use standard dog shampoo or specially designed shampoos planned to kill and prevent fleas.
While you bathe the puppy, the fleas will try to reach its head to avoid drowning. So, making a barricade around the neck with shampoo will prevent them from being able to reach there.
(2) Immerse your puppy up to his neck into a bathtub filled with enough warm water (not hot).
(3) Keep several minutes the puppy into warm water immersing up to his neck. This will let you drown any fleas on the puppy’s body. Apply a cup or bowl to spray water onto the puppy’s head and around his ears. Do not force down the puppy to go underwater at anyhow.
(4) Drain out most of the water from the bathtub.
(5) Clean your puppy with shampoo as how you were bathing it normally. This will help to clear your puppy from any last fleas on its body. Ensure you cover every part of the puppy’s body with shampoo and keep on its body for about 15 minutes.
(6) After washing your puppy allow it to dry normally.