What does the Bed bug look like? Bed bugs are flat, brown, wingless and about 5 mm or one-fourth of an inch in size. They are shiny reddish-brown in color and have 6 legs. But while have a good serving of blood they appear dark brown. They are elliptical-shaped, about the size of an apple seed. Adult bed bugs are coffee color and turn into reddish after feeding. Young bedbugs are called Nymphs, discard their skins five times before reaching in maturity. Each time of discarding skins they need a meal of blood.
What Do Bed Bug Looks Like?
What do bed bug look like if Recently hatched:
Recently hatched bed bugs are colorless excluding after feedings. They can be seen with the human eyes, but they are smart enough to hide them fast before you observe them nicely.
Bedbugs are blood-sucking insects may enter at your homes unknowingly with a piece of luggage from your recent trip, or someone’s clothing who already infested. There are a lot of ways that bed bugs can infest your home. To remove bedbug infestation you can use bedbug spray available in any supermarket near to you. Also, you can buy it online from the link given at the end of this article.
Find here bedbugs family where all stages of bedbugs from egg to adult in different size and shapes.
Male and female bed bugs look like the picture given here. Female is larger than male and lay 20 eggs per day.
Actual size of bed bugs
As you can see that a full-size bed bug is 5 mm. So they are smaller than that in earlier and difficult to see with normal eyes. For enhanced look, you can use Small Magnifying Glass.
If you want to buy one, find here: Magnifier 3 LED Light, Marrywindix 3X 15X Handheld Magnifier, Reading Magnifying Glass, Lens Jewelry Loupe White, and Black color.
If you like to search for any other product related to bed bugs or not, we have attached here a link for your convenience. Bedbugs Treatment.
What do Bedbug bites look like?
To help you recognize bed bug bites easily we have given several pictures in different organs of the body. You may find bedbugs while you are sleeping. Switch on and check your body with a torchlight. Bedbug bites may appear on the legs of the baby. Take care of your baby as they are very sensitive in bed bug bites.
Look carefully to find any symptoms of bedbug bites. If found, take necessary action as soon as possible.
Bedbug bites may appear on hands. Be ensure that it’s bed bug bites. If so, take recommended action to describe in several articles on this website. Also, you can buy bed bug remedy from any store near to you or from Amazon online. If you experience the existence of bedbugs in your home, keep some stock of such remedy in your store.
To avoid bedbug bites, at first, you have to recognize bed bugs clearly. Don’t be confused with other bugs as bed bugs. The bed bug is very smaller as an apple seed in size, very much irritating in our usual life. You can pick up bedbugs from anywhere to your home. Because bedbugs are everywhere: in restaurants, movie theaters, on trains, even in airplanes.
Bedbugs are hitchhikers and come in contact with unintentionally. They can come from any one or more of the following sources:
01. Furniture & fixture: At the time of dissembling furniture & fixture, being disturbed they can come into your home.
02. Incorrect pesticide application: If the applied pesticide is unable to kill bedbugs, they will find some places to hide them.
03. Shortage of food: While they find a shortage of food i.e. no host may cause them to migrate to neighboring rooms.
04. Shortage of spaces: Also a shortage of harbourage spaces may cause them to migrate to neighboring rooms.
05. Infested materials: Infested materials like furniture and fixtures or clothing moved down a hall, or passed on to others without removing bed bugs or treating properly.
06. Vacuum bags: Vacuum cleaners used for multiple rooms without cleaning the vacuum bags very well. There will be a lot of dead and live bedbugs, their eggs and nymphs. So, frequently the vacuum bag should be put in a plastic bag, seal it and throw it outside trash.
07. Commercial laundry machines: If commercial laundry machines wash some bedbugs infested clothing and not treat it properly then it may cause to migrate bed bugs or their eggs.
08. Traveling: Bedbugs also can be migrated from traveling suitcase, infected person or vehicles, clothing used hotel beds and mattresses. Keep in mind that the above all points are to prevent bed bugs infestation in your home.
Regardless of sources of bedbugs, you should inspect properly and take action immediately. Aware of bedbug symptoms and recognize them can help you to stay free from a bedbug infestation.
Sources of Information:
- How to Kill Bed Bugs for Good – Bed Bugs Removal Guide
- Insecticides/Treatments – Bed Bugs
- South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Photo: Google Images – unrestricted
Watch Video – What Do Bed Bug Bites Look Like? Bed Bugs Bite Images!
Learn more: what do bed bug looks like, what do bed bug looks like, what do bed bug looks like