How to Identify Bed Bugs, Where Do Bed Bugs Come From?
How to Identify Bedbugs?
To avoid bedbug bites, at first, you have to recognize bed bugs clearly. Don’t be confused with other bugs as bed bugs. If so, you may end up with the wrong treatment for other bugs as bedbugs.
The bed bug is very smaller than an apple seed in size, very much irritating in our usual life. You can pick up bedbugs from anywhere in your home. Because bedbugs are everywhere: in restaurants, movie theaters, on trains, even in airplanes.
Where do Bedbugs come from?
Bedbugs are hitchhikers and come in contact with unintentionally. They can come from any one or more of the following sources:
01. Furniture & fixture: At the time of dissembling furniture & fixture, being disturbed they can come into your home.
02. Incorrect pesticide application: If the applied pesticide is unable to kill bedbugs, they will find some places to hide them.
03. Shortage of food: While they find a shortage of food i.e. no host may cause them to migrate to neighboring rooms.
04. Shortage of spaces: Also a shortage of harbourage spaces may cause them to migrate to neighboring rooms.
05. Infested materials: Infested materials like furniture and fixtures or clothing moved down a hall or passed on to others without removing bed bugs or treating properly.
Other sources of bedbugs
06. Vacuum bags: Vacuum cleaners are used for multiple rooms without cleaning the vacuum bags very well. There will be a lot of dead and live bedbugs, their eggs, and nymphs. So, frequently the vacuum bag should be put in a plastic bag, seal it, and throw outside trash.
07. Commercial laundry machines: If commercial laundry machines wash some bedbugs infested clothing and do not treat it properly then it may cause to migrate bed bugs or their eggs.
08. Traveling: Bedbugs also can be migrated from traveling suitcases, infected persons or vehicles, clothing used hotel beds, and mattresses. Keep in mind that the above all points is to prevent bed bugs infestation in your home.
Regardless of the sources of bedbugs, you should inspect them properly and take action immediately. Aware of bedbug symptoms and recognize them can help you to stay free from a bedbug infestation.
Sources of Information:
How to Kill Bed Bugs for Good – Bed Bugs Removal Guide,
Insecticides/Treatments – Bed Bugs,
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control,
The United States Environmental Protection Agency,
Photo: Google Images – unrestricted.